It Took a Pandemic

 It has been a SUPER long time since I have had the urge to blog. I don't even know if it is still a thing with YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook being the bigger deal. Journaling has been more my thing, I don't do it much but it has been an outlet for me. However here I am finding a new place, or rather an old place, to talk.

At the beginning of 2020 I did what I have done for the last two years, picked a word that would be my word of the Year. Mine was Fit. It encompassed so many things in that one word. As the year we never expected to happen, is now starting to close I feel like I let go of my word. I have not gotten "fit", I've not found my "fit." I know this was the word meant for me. I've discovered a new hobby, I know what it is like to be at home full time once again. I miss working, I miss a classroom full of noise. 

I'm back here because of my word. Let me explain why. See our dog of 13 years whom was 15 years old, passed over the rainbow bridge. It was earlier into the pandemic. We did bring home a puppy and he has helped us heal from the loss of our last dog. I have been taking him on walks daily and this has given me time to think. Time to dwell on things like my word of the year. Can I take back control of my word or is it too late?


I'd like to believe it is not too late. I can work on my word and finish the year strong. Fit, as I said can have many meanings. Getting fit- this one eludes me every time I try. Part of me wants to just give up, assume it cannot happen. Then this other part of me says I just need the right approach. I had an injury and it stopped my movement I started to gain what people call the "Covid weight." I have decided I can't let that be my excuse. My walks with the puppy help, I've started hikes with the husband, and there will be more. 


It is hard to find my best fit for working when I can't work. I'm a substitute teacher. Schools have yet to return. I can't work if they are virtual. I've tried, there are only long term job and I have 4 kids to make sure they do their school work, so I'm working just not getting paid. At the start I got unemployment. I stopped over summer and now when I refiled there is a problem. It is hard.

I've gone back to my old fit at home. I cook, clean, chase the kids, and if there is time I craft. I started playing with tumblers, it has been so much fun making those. It's challenging and I'm enjoying learning new things. I'm not sure I will come back or keep up with this once again, I just know it was nice to remember this is here. I can come back and create with words.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

Shopping Fun