What a Brave Boy

So today was a big day in Bubba's life. I decided he needed to take his first visit to the dentist. I did not know what to expect for this appointment. I figured they would count his teeth and clean them. Other than that I don't remember my first trip to the dentist. So my little man went because mommy told him he needed to. Mommy did a lot of prepping. We practiced opening our mouth real big for them to see his teeth.
We get to the office and it is called Dentistree so the whole theme is monkeys. Since Bubba is part monkey he loved it. There was a play area in a tree in the waiting room. I think mommy was more nervous than Bubba. He was so good. Lizard even had fun in the waiting room. She wants to do anything Bubba does you know. So he gets called back and I load everyone up and we go back. It is a big room with quite a few chairs for teeth to be done in and some seats for the parents to watch in. It was a very nice set up. Lizard jumps into the chair for her cleaning, so I had to bribe her out so Bubba could get in. I could tell he was unsure, they kept asking him questions, none of which would he answer.
They were great at explaining every step to him. Before they cleaned his teeth the dentist came in to count his teeth and observe them in his mouth. He does have a slight overbite (this is hereditary mommy has this but mommy just smiled and nodded.) They said his spacing was GREAT. They also mentioned that he needs to brush better near the gums. Mommy feels bad, he is in that "I can do it by myself, thank you very much." stage and mommy often to avoid problems allows him to brush his own teeth without follow up. So now mommy has to brush after him every time.
Over all this was a good appointment, he did not cry once. He opened his mouth when asked. They gave him a balloon for doing such a good job. He also got a rubber duck as did Lizard. We left with an appointment in 6 months. I get to go back next week with Pumpkin. I know I need to take Lizard but I am going to check and make sure insurance will cover it. Mommy is very proud of her Bubba today!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived