Caution!!! GLITTER!!!

The title pretty much says it all. So I'm always looking for new ways to get the kids to sit still longer than 2 seconds. So I was of course surfing Pinterest for ways to make this happen. I came across this sensory bottle. It was pretty neat and the blogger mentioned that it gave her a new world when it came to time outs. Okay I think awesome I'll make two because well the red heads in my family don't know what sharing is and frankly they are the two I will use it the most with.
Here is the original: http://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/

So she makes it look so simple. Well I am out shopping and decide to just let the kids pick out some glitter glue and I figure well I'll just grab some coordinating glitter and we can so rock this out.



 So after I'm home I realize I bought nothing that looks like her supplies, my glitter is not fine grade, my glitter glue is WAY bigger, but hey I figure I can figure this out.

I figure first thing is first, someone has to consume what is in those bottles and prep them for their new job.






 She used Goo Gone, but I used what I just so happened to have on hand. I found it left a residue on the bottle that cleared up nicely with a little dawn. Now my bottles are all ready. Now she mentioned needing some hot water so I warmed some up on the stove stopping just before boiling. I didn't want to melt the plastic bottles, which really are nice and thin and fit well in little hands.
 So this is just after adding everything in the bottle, I filled them up about halfway with the warm water, then added the glue. I then just put in as much glitter as I was comfortable with. I did my best to keep the glitter in the kitchen, however it is GLITTER, I now have decor on my phone case I can't manage to make disappear, and I am slowly finding it other places. *knock on wood* I have yet to find it in my food. (No one else has said anything either.)
 I did fill with warm tap water and I played a little, there is a such thing as too full when it comes to this as you need to be able to shake it up and have the glitter float around. My pipes now have glitter in them forever and I pray I never need a plumber because I know they will curse this fact.
Here we have one settled and one in the process of settling. Now she said something about super gluing the lids shut. This is a MUST, especially if your kids are like mine, when I handed it to them the first time I was out of super glue and I caught them trying to take the lids off and drink it. They quickly became my toys again and I told them I would fix them later. Keep in mind the ages are 2 and 3 asking this question. If your kids are older this may not be as big of a problem, but this momma had to cover all her bases.




They love their new "bottles" and I find them grabbing them to carry around, and will keep a hold on them even after they have settled. I am glad the lids are glued on and they cannot drink this concoction. I admit I find them pretty neat. I made them for Bubba and Lizard (who did put the lid in her mouth and tell me it was yucky, she has not done it since.) Pumpkin has asked where hers was. Since in order to NOT get the sports top I had to buy a 6 pack getting her own is a possibility. She enjoys shaking them up for the other two. I actually don't mind the larger glitter in the bottle and my glue worked just find.

If you have a kid that is sensory orientated this is a great thing to have on hand. Bubba shows signs of sensory desires so I figured this will help me. I can get about 3 minutes before he is asking for it to be shaken again but he carries it around happily. Lizard does everything big brother does so she is happy too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived