Crock Pot Monday

So I decided that on Monday's I would make crock pot meals. Every other Monday is Girl Scouts for Pumpkin so I need something fast to get out of the house quickly. The first week was a holiday so I just made lasagna. Last week I tried a Pinterest recipe of pulled pork. It was good but frankly it made way too much to even save and use later. If I do that one again, it will not have a bone, it will be smaller and there will be more people for dinner.

Today I broke out my binder of Weight Watchers recipes. There are recipes I have never tried in there so today was a good day to try one out. I doubled it and it was quite tasty. It was Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Soup. I gathered everything together while the kids watched on. I think they want to cook daily but for now momma can barely do Friday's with them cooking. Once the fighting stops I will have them help me a bit more.
The bag of corn is missing from this picture but it gets added much later.
So I cut up the chicken before I left for school with Pumpkin, so I did have to peel and cut down the potatoes still. Please remember I doubled it so I could freeze half for another meal. I can tell you it smelled good right from the start.
This is what it looked like first thing after I added and stirred a bit. This gave me a chance to clean up some of the toys from the floor, nurse Muppet, and chase toddlers by having this meal in the crock pot. I was also able to clean up my kitchen and take care of some laundry, okay well lots of laundry I really don't like to fold and it tends to build up on me. Just before I left to pick up pumpkin from school it looked like this.
Now the kids did taste this, and mainly the sweet potato was eaten by them, but this was good. This is something I will try out again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived