I'm still decluttering

Okay so you move, before you move you take 80% of what you haven't touched in 2 years to the dump. Or you donate it. We got rid of 3 van loads of stuff before we moved. We KNEW we had too much stuff. It was lots of odds and ends, toys we just never brought in the house and various Army stuff hubby had stashed away in the garage knowing we would never use it again. Just stuff we did not want to move.
So fast forward to December and we move into the house and decide "let's get a dumpster to just get rid of the boxes from the move." Okay so that worked we avoid taking months to get rid of the boxes by just getting rid of them all at once, well since we had the dumpster I finally got rid of stuff I did not know why I was keep it. Things from college,  heck even high school that I really had no use for. Things broken during the move gone! We really really did a good job getting rid of just junk. We even donated two van loads full of stuff because we just didn't want it in the house. It was some of the best money we ever spent.
Well here it is January and I am wondering if it ever ends. Christmas happened and now I am rethinking half of the items I did keep for the kids. With all the new things they got I currently have one XXL ziploc bag full for donation and one halfway full and I have one room to still go through. I have been attempting to add the new toys into the rooms they belong to. I am sure by the end of the weekend I will have the oldest's room done and I will be able to make that run to Goodwill with all the toys we don't need in the house. I was really good and kept toys the husband and I passed down but really purged a lot of toys that have been bought for the kids. I know I have kept things they play with on a regular basis, my biggest purge has been of stuffed animals, they just have so many and it seems like they are always getting new ones, keeping only the sentimental ones. I am hoping my kids know what good they will be passing on by letting go of the things they are letting go of. They have been helping me purge along the way. Playing with items that have been kept, giving me items they did not seem to mind letting go of. They even helped put away the new toys.
I am hoping this journey comes to an end soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived