My project craze

Okay so like so many other women out there I have found Pinterest. Yes I was very addicted for a bit, but now I have this huge list of things I want to try or do so I just sort of stopped pinning things and have been trying things out. The other day I did one of the cleaning things I found. See I inherited a cookie pan from my mother. Now we all know what happens to cookie pans no matter how clean you keep them. After 30 years the pan looks like THIS
Well I found this recipe to clean it up using Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide. Basically taking Baking Soda and adding enough Hydrogen Peroxide to create a paste. You then can either using your fingers or a rag and apply it to the pan. I started using my hands then I used a scrub brush a little (my stain remover brush from the laundry room). I used a few applications remember it is 30 plus years of grime living there, some of what were almost permanent burnt chunks living on here. Well after about 20 minutes it looked like THIS

I have to say the difference is there, I at one time thought these pans were black growing up. As you can tell I was unable to get all the grime off I will probably do it again soon just to try to see what I can do. Well I had a nice clean pan so what does one do? Well we bake on it of course.
So my kids like pigs in a blanket. You know taking a hot dog wrapping it in a crescent roll after stuffing a cheese slice in it. Well I found a recipe like this using ham slices and Swiss cheese. I figured this couldn't hurt to try. I knew the younger kids wouldn't do Swiss cheese so I used Cheddar for them. I baked these according to the directions on the crescent roll can and they came out perfect. We manged to get them to eat them up with very little complaints.
Just a little bit o Me. Perhaps we shall see more projects coming in the future.

Comments

  1. Pan looks good! I just made the ham & cheese crescents tonight! I did mine a tad different keeping the triangles together and making eggroll sized ham & cheese rolls. Everybody loved them! Now the problem is the overflow of cheese baked on the pan! I have to admit I have gotten into Pinterest too and am finding all kinds of ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived