The New Obsession

When my husband and I first got married we had some really good friends we would see about every other weekend. We would have dinner and then play board games until one of us could no longer stay awake. It was nice, we always had fun and it was great to be able to spend time with another couple. We still stay in touch with this couple and miss them greatly. We had other friends we would do this with but never as often as it was with this couple.
Now when we would come home to visit his family we always had at least one game night if not more and that was fun. This was something we longed for in the last two places we lived but it just never seemed possible. We either did not have couple friends whom were both in town at the same times as my husband or we both shared so many kids (and anti social husbands) that it just was never possible. So moving here I knew he had friends and we might once again have game nights.
So last weekend we had a game night. I knew we needed snacks so shopping I did go. And we found cookies!!! I just knew we needed cookies, so I bought some pull apart cookies for the night and brought them home.
Helping mommy out.

One made it to the pan.

The kids loved helping mommy cook. I didn't get shots of them trying to eat the dough raw. They were so proud they were "baking." Momma will make this right and we will cook from scratch in the future. To me this was worth it to see their smiles.Once they realized it was food and it tasted good, mommy had to step in as they were "adding" to the flavor. I know more than one cookie was licked. That is okay since we all need a little germs in our lives.

The hard work paid off and daddy's friends enjoyed their efforts to make snacks. We had plenty of games to play. Mommy and daddy manged to stay up until midnight too. This was our second weekend in a row of game night with the same couple. The husband is a friend of my husband from high school and college. My husband also has known the wife for a long time too which makes this whole situation easier on him. It has been a problem with him being uncomfortable in a situation like this if it had been my friend.
I know this will be a regular thing for him. It is cheap and who doesn't love a little competition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived