More cooking and the Zoo

Here is what I put in my Spaghetti sauce. (Yes we had spaghetti tonight, I went to the zoo today and wanted a quick meal) The garlic is not in the picture and I actually almost forgot it. I made about double what I needed for one meal so I froze half for another time (yeah I know you are seeing a theme.) I brown the meat and the onions and peppers and garlic on the stove before putting in the crock pot. I use a crock pot because it can sit and simmer all day letting the flavors really set. I think it gives it a richer flavor. I use this same sauce for my lasagna only if I am using it for that I add sugar, not much just a tad.
Well since I had the hardest part of my meal started I cut naps short and we went to the zoo today. It was pretty decent out and we had planned on meeting a mommy from The Mommy Nest but we got there with some good time and the kids were set to see the animals so I just started going. That and my phone was mean and wouldn't let me see her number in my message on the Nest so I could not even text her to see if she was there. My favorite exhibit today was the Polar bear. See she was rescued from Alaska and has just gone to full exhibit. She just had his first birthday too.

Climbing the rock
Made it up, he is going for that ball.

 The kids enjoyed watching her play. They giggle as she kept shoving the ball as far as she could into the water. They awed as she climbed the rock. I love seeing my kids in that wonderful sense of wonder.


We walked the whole zoo in just 60 minutes. I wore Miss Muppet the whole time. Bubba did walk about half of it (the uphill half to make it easier on mommy to push the stroller.) I heard that the tigers were the best exhibit according to Bubba. I am not sure if he lumped all the cats we saw into this category, or if he meant the actual tigers. He did seem to not care for the larger apes such as the orangutang or the gorillas, in fact he acted scared. Miss Muppet fell asleep and Lizard just did not complain.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived