Today was a WIN

Okay so I can be one of those crazy coupon ladies trying to score a deal, I have a binder and the whole nine yards. Now if you ever tried to score a deal with 3 kids in tow you will know how hard this can be. I had heard a rumor today that Target was marking down toys to 70% off. I just knew I had to at least attempt to go. Now here is what they do not tell you, that things don't get marked down until after the store opens. You will fight a grandpa for the good toys, and you plus three kids and a cart don't fit down the aisle with all the other crazy people trying to score a deal.
So I went I scoped the aisle saw they had not marked down stuff made mental notes on what I wanted. I then decided we needed to do a bathroom break. We then went to find some Splenda because well I had stack-able coupons making them 50 cents a box and daddy will use that in his coffee. I go back to said toy aisle and grandpa is taking the toys out of the ladies hands as they mark them down. Holy freaking cow I did not know I was going to have to fight old people for the toys, I was just trying to keep the cost of Christmas and birthday's down this year. (Sadly I did not find anything for the oldest but there will be other mark downs throughout the year not just here but other places.) So I grabbed a few items for my kids and some stuff for my niece and something for Bobby's cousin who is younger than Pumpkin.
My kids were anxious and well even with three ladies marking stuff down it was not fast enough for me, so I wondered back to the baby stuff that was marked down yesterday (it is all mostly at 30% off) and found a breathable bumper for the crib that was barely over $5. I did go back and grab one or two more items, I wish I was there without the kids so I could have gotten more or been able to concentrate better or wait longer for a few items I was curious about.
This is the result of my trip. I spent after taxes just $81.46. I had to figure out the cost of everything on my own because for some reason Target does not tell you what it was originally on their clearance items, but this haul without taxes taken into account would have been $262.70, so I feel like I scored pretty good and I have a start for next Christmas and birthdays.
I felt like dinner was a win too. We do chili at least once a month. I normally serve it over rice since that is pretty healthy. However today while prepping the food I remember one of my favorite foods was Frito Chili Pie. I sent a text to the husband and asked him to stop and grab some Fritos on the way home. My kids generally complain when I serve this to them, today two of them gobbled it up and the third ate enough to say he had dinner. Heck Lizard even asked for more and then ate all that. So yeah I would say today was a total win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived