Pumpkin

Today I would like to introduce Pumpkin. She is our first baby. She is one of the most caring children out there. She was born just before the end of our first year of marriage. She is who made me a mom. See I would use initials to label my kids but here is the problem I named all my kids with names that start with an A. So you say well then use their middle initials to tell them apart, uhm well I have two AJ's and two AN's, so nicknames will have to work. See Pumpkin was born just before the fall season and I jokingly started calling her pumpkin butt. Yes it can be not nice however to this day she will tell you she is mommy's pumpkin butt. I also developed a love of pumpkin flavored things so some might say I just took my obsession to my kid, but hey we both love her being my pumpkin.
She was born in Colorado and probably my scariest birth. She was my first anyone I talked to said I would need the epidural, so I got one. It stalled my labor, I got pitocin and she was born quickly after that. However she was born with the cord on her neck. The result was a kid who needed medical attention right away. Once I get settled in my new home and have access to my pictures again I will share my first view of my baby. Her head was in a bubble, I felt like I failed my kid right from the start. All I knew was I wanted to breast feed this baby. She quickly recovered with my husband right by her side the entire time. He wanted to make sure she was safe. He was AMAZING with his little girl. He has been an amazing father from the moment she was born.
I learned a lot about being a parent with her, and well here 6 years later I am still learning. I remember struggling to learn how to breast feed with her. At one point I was in the room with about 4 people in there, pretty sure I had nothing on top completely exposed and probably had three of them touching me, trying to teach me tricks on how to get her to latch on. I did succeed, she nursed for a whole year. I wished she had gone longer but it was her choice to quit.
She is the only one to have had time without daddy around. See when she was born daddy left for Officer Candidate School, then Officer Basic Course, then lucky us he deployed for 15 months. So she was a little over the age of 2 before she had a chance to really get to know her daddy. Now she loves her daddy. She has moved the most out of all the kids and I have to say she adapts VERY well. She is great when it comes to making friends, she never wants anyone left out, when it comes to family that includes the baby. She really is awesome.
She has a huge heart and sometimes I think she would adopt any animal she finds. She loves to draw, color, paint, or craft. She is so creative and the way her mind works often amazes me. In Kindergarten she got the award from the art teacher for being creative, that was no surprise to her proud parents. She is currently in the 1st grade and in her second year of Girl Scouts. I hope you get to know her even more through my journey's on the blog. I'm sure stories of her will occur often.

Comments

  1. I was always known as my daddy's "Sugar Britches" so "Pumkin Butt" is cute to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived