Bubba's Room Part 1

I am going to roll out the reveal on Bubba's room. See he is really into Cars, it is his most favorite movie. I can't count how many times I have seen that movie or the new movie or even Mater Tales. His favorite character has to be Mater. So when we bought the new house we just knew the theme we wanted to go with. Now at this stage it is not complete but I can share what we have completed. I will start with the room as we had it built.

This is even before we got carpet put in. It gives you a good idea of the paint color in the entire house. He does have the smallest bed room and really this is about the size of our second bedroom in the last house. The first step in this process was building the bed at my brother in law's house.
Just the head board.

What will hold the mattress.

The headboard and foot board painted.
I really think the bed has come out nice. We do have to give credit where it is due though. We got the plans from Ana White, if you are good with wood it is a great site to built things for your home. This is the second project from  her site we have done, and there are more in the works.
The next stage of this project was painting.
You can see there were a few items used to get this job done.

It is really darker than this.

The next stage was getting those curtains up. I insisted on black out curtains for this room. I am pretty sure it will help our little man with his sleep issues.

The next stage:
The final smooth down.
So then we added a little something to it.
Swear it looks like a movie screen.
We have some wall clings as well, here are the ones we currently have up.
All of them.

Well it was most of them.

Getting you a close up.

This really looks neat in person.


I swear this one is centered on the door way.


Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak of Bubba's room. I personally cannot wait to see it finished.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived