Christmas Crack?

Okay so in January of 2009 I joined a cloth diaper board called Cloth Diaper Nation. I had just found out I was expecting my third child the summer before and after loosing a computer hard drive to Diaper Swappers's viruses they were having trouble with at the time, I jumped ship for another place to get diapers. See with my second baby I decided I wanted to cloth diaper and just knew I would need loads more diapers after having my third child, and would now have two babies in diapers.
I ended up finding the ladies of the board very interesting. I loved that there was no edit button and you had to own what you said there. What I did find strange was their chatter about crack. Heck they even ran a co-op of this crack. I didn't get it at first. I began to understand this was a candy of sorts. So I just pushed it off. So then Christmas came and they were unable to get the co-op run and there were many sad ladies. I again thought nothing of this crack.
So this year I am introduced to something called Pintrest. On there I find a pin that intrigues me. It is for Christmas Crack. I just knew I had to try and make this. It sounded yummy, and well how hard could it be? I decided I would make it with candy cane as well and I used half candy cane and half pecans.
Melting the chocolate.

With all the goodies.



















This has been a huge hit in this house. See we are all English Toffee lovers and well the basis for this is a toffee. You cannot even tell there is a saltine in there. I am almost out of crack, I am pretty sure we are going to make more. I might make it dark chocolate this time and only candy cane. Oh this is so good.



Update, so now I typically make this only with dark chocolate chips and candy cane. My kids cannot get enough. Please check the link to the recipe as it is not mine.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

I Survived