Living in Chaos

Okay so yeah we bought the house. And I shared how much we love it. Well I have been MIA from the blog because I have been unpacking. Now keep in mind we had boxes at the last house that never got opened. We decided as a team that would not happen here. There will be a place for everything. The end result is even with trips to the dump at the last house and several to donations, we are still purging. There is just too much in this home, I mean 4 kids and a dog how could there not be right?
I purged toys (oh how the kids would have been mad if they saw how much I let go of.) I purged clothes mine, husbands, and kids out grown. I purged broken items. I even soul searched and purged items I really internally fought to keep. I am not done, this is really a start for our new year. I still have boxes all over the house, things not in their proper place just yet, but we have found lots of space. Nothing is perfect yet, it will be in time.  I think spiritually I needed this purge of items. To experience the chaos of this mess was hard. Thank goodness my mom took my middle children for the week, not sure as much would have been accomplished with them here.They are great but I have a feeling they would have been counter productive. Our home will be cleaner and more organized because little hands did not sneak items meant to move on.
I did get some crafts for Christmas done at this time as well. I will share those along with their inspirations once I have more time. Some of the crafts were gifts so those will be shared after they have been given to the family. The big gift is going to Pumpkin's teacher so that might get shared tonight, since tomorrow is her last day of school before break. Oh to know how crazy the last few days have been. I am up to my eye balls in junk. I have a few items left on my agenda for today, that should not take long at the house. I do have other errands to run.
I will say I am in love with my kitchen. Which so far appears to be my cleanest room also the most organized room. There is a peace about the kitchen that no other room has managed yet. My bedroom would be a close second. I will thank my husband for being the amazing person he is with all his hard work getting the house together. Hopefully I will get some down time tonight to share a project or two here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived