Living in a Dry State

Okay I like to drink, I don't drink often and when I do it tends to be a glass of wine. I have been seen with a beer in my hand as well. When we lived in North Carolina we had a winery we loved to shop at, Dennis Vineyards. The staff was great and loved our kids. They were always so kind any time we visited. Well when we moved we packed along some of our favorite wines knowing we can never get them shipped to us in Kentucky. See there are 5 states with laws that do not allow alcohol to be shipped to, I live in one of them.
Okay so a solution would be to have them shipped to my parents and I could pick it up there when we visit, well they live in one of the other 4 states that do not allow this. So what brings on this sadness over not being able to get the wine I miss? I broke two bottles of my favorite wines moving them into the new house today. See I was unaware they were not in the back of the van very securely and I just opened the door. The box came crashing out and two bottles were sacrificed. I am truly sad. I was sure my husband was going to kill me.
If it were not for the fact that we had not drank these and they were our favorites I would not feel bad. Now all I want is a bottle of one of the broken wines to share with my husband. We cleaned up my mess and moved on, a little sadder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived