Shopping Fun

Okay so today we were on a mission, you see Tuesday we sign for our new home. The home my husband and I have had built, one we plan to live in for years. The problem, we NEEDED window coverings. After much discussion with each other we decided on curtains in this home, in the end we decided on thermal curtains for many reasons. We wanted it to be noise reducing, black out, thermal curtains. For us we did not care where they came from but we had requirements, They HAD to be at least 84" long, and certain windows they HAD to be 52" wide. We went to 4 stores, we got almost all the windows, we did get all the curtain rods. I won't show pictures of all the curtains we got, you can wait for them to be reviled in each room as I show case them once they are done.
We did make a stop between stores for lunch. It was one of our favorite places for lunch, Q-doba. We all have our favorites. The kids really enjoy eating here. However at the end of the meal I was left with the same question as always when I leave.

Why in the world do the trays not fit in the trash can? I can't be the only one to wonder this can I? I mean really if they were the only chain to do this yeah okay I would forgive them. However the two other chains similar to theirs work the same freaking way. How hard is it to make a trash can you can fit the used food containers in? I mean it is always mere inches that it does not fit by. I have to really shove it in the trash when I finish my meal. It is really annoying. I share this because well I wonder odd things. That being said my meal was great. What you see being sent to the trash is what the kids dubbed too salty chips (but how do they not like the lime salt on those chips.)
I am glad we have today's shopping venture over, we did prespend some money on gift cards at Kroger's today since they are running a special offering 4x's the points on gift card purchases. This meant today we saved a $1 a gallon on gas. This in turn meant we spent less than $2/gal, in the end we saved $16, normally this would have meant spending $1000 in groceries. The gift card purchased was for Home Depot where we of course spent money today on the house. If you are ever looking for ways to save money this is one, since we are always looking to save money we took it, on top of that because of my wonderful husband's time in the Army we used his military ID to save an additional 10% at Home Depot (because it is one of the many places that offers the military discount) and when you are putting together a house you can save quite a bit of money (Lowes also offers this discount in case you are wondering). That pretty much caps our day.

Comments

  1. I always forget Home Depot offers military discounts! Dang it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived