Happy Thanksgiving

Today is a day to be Thankful for many things. This year I have an overflow to be thankful for. We welcomed our 4th and final child into our family, we moved closer to my husband's family, and we built a house that will last us for more than 2 years, a house we love. This year the holiday was spent at my in laws. There was tons of food, not much space, but it was all filled with love. I shall share some of our day.
We played musical chairs a lot. The baby spent most of the day in the swing, which mommy fixed this morning by adding working batteries. Yes it has not worked in weeks because the batteries died and we were too lazy to fix it, poor kiddo. The football games were enjoyed by the guys and most of the women as well.

 Snowflake preferred to stay out of the way. He has his space in the basement here where he really spent his time.
 This here is my niece, Boogs. She is 4 months older than Mouse. Here she is being held by hubby's cousin. She is just one happy child. She like my children got caught up in everyone around and fought napping. She enjoyed her first Thanksgiving right along Mouse.
This is my mother-in-law. Yes she spent most of her day in the kitchen, she even ate in there with the kids. She enjoys spending time with her grand kids and actually volunteered for the job to make sure they ate. She makes a very good meal and I am sure my weight tomorrow will reflect how good her cooking is.
 This is the butter, yeah it WAS shaped like a turkey, I forgot the before shot.
 Eating that much food does wear a person out, but how come I didn't get to nap too? Probably because I am much like the kids and get caught up in the excitement.
 If I had napped, I would have missed out on all this fun. This is my husband's Uncle. The kids love him, I swear he is a magnet for the kids. Really this is one of the kinder pictures to share. He took a lot from my kids, Bubba refused to be put down and Pumpkin kept dressing him up in girl things. He smiled all the way through it. What a trooper, I just hope he is not sore tomorrow.

 Somehow this picture got flipped and I can't fix it. This is our DQ cake, it was cute and well my kids loved it.
 This here was my husband's contribution to dinner. This is a Derby Pie, for those not from Kentucky Derby Pie is basically a bourbon infused chocolate pecan pie. The bonus is getting to drink the bourbon you don't put in it. Which really is quite a bit left over. This is really tradition around the Kentucky Derby, which of course will take place the first weekend of May.

 This here is the result of a good holiday. He finally crashed watching a cartoon movie. I know he had a good day, he went non stop. All my kids went non stop. I loved today with all the family here, we had two of hubby's uncles here, a cousin, and his papaw. The kids love spending time with family. It gives me so much more to be Thankful for. Tonight I debate braving the crowds for the minor things I want in the Black Friday crowds, honestly I am hoping to be in and out quickly and in bed. My wonderful husband has to work so I think he will stay home with the kids. The rest of the weekend will be concentrating on getting the few things we need for the house when we close on Tuesday. I hope to be able to report back on my decision I face tonight.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived