Should never put off Dental Care

Okay so I am terrified of the dentist. It is bad, very, very bad. I had a tooth that I was told needed a root canal last year. I expressed my fears and that dentist basically laughed at me. I refused to go back, a month later my husband also refused to see the same dentist ever again due to how they treated him. The results of living in a small town was there were not other options and frankly getting the baby sitter arranged didn't really work all the time for me to go. So yet another pregnancy later the tooth got worse. So for Halloween this year my treat was basically an emergency root canal, the relief I got was so worth it. I realize I should have never let it get to the point I did but really rude dentists just sort of pushed me over the edge.
Well since that day (which my wonderful husband sacrificed working on Thanksgiving to help me with the kids) I have had two more times in the dentist chair and I know of another one coming up. My mother-in-law (MIL) has helped me with baby sitting for these last two appointments. The last one we thought would go 90 minutes, I was in the chair for over 2 hours. It was the second half of my root canal. The end result was me being late to get Pumpkin from school. When I arrived (after MIL called to let them know what was going on) I could tell she had been crying. I gave her lots of hugs and said "I'm sorry" a million times. The problem, they had to grind my bone and it bled so therefore no crown fitting. Yes I let my tooth get that bad.
So today was appointment number three, just a fitting right? Yeah I was still sensitive so I got all numbed AGAIN. So a 30 minute appointment went an hour. Yes I am that lucky. Whom did I disappoint yet again? You guessed it Pumpkin. See she is a Daisy Girl Scout, something she loves, and her meeting night was tonight. The end result was we were late. At least she got to go. I feel bad, my poor girl has been let down twice. She was not as effected by tonight at least. We got there with plenty of time for crafts and she really only missed circle time.
This just goes to show that sometimes it really is hard to fit it all in. It is hard to admit that I am not the perfect parent. I mean in the midst of all this, there was Mouse. I had to leave her alone with others. She is 100% breast fed, so this is not an easy task for her. I also felt bad leaving Bubba, see today he developed pink eye, and I don't like leaving my sick babies. I knew he was in good care but just the same, it was not me caring for him. When it rains around here it really tends to pour because I already have two kiddos, Pumpkin and Lizard, on antibiotics. I shall say that my kiddos will all get extra love tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived