Lizard

This is my Lizard. Why such an odd nickname? Well when she was born anytime she got hungry she would stick her tongue out rooting around. Well even now she will sit there and just stick her tongue out in the air tasting it. It's cute, almost like she is trying to use a 6th sense. She is her father's child.
When we found out we were pregnant with her I had a 6 month old. I had baby fever for about 3 months before that, so getting pregnant so quickly did not make me sad. I was afraid to tell my husband but happy to have the chance to have another baby. I nursed all the way through my pregnancy with her. And she was a blessing and the first to latch on minutes after birth. That has to be one of my favorite memories, being alone in the room with her for 30 minutes before they took her away for testing, she ate the entire time. She was my second natural birth. I had hoped she would be a red head too but at first I could have sworn she was a blonde. Everyone insisted she was a red head and it wasn't until she was about a month old I caved and decided she after all was a red head. She looks exactly like her brother. Even as a baby she would make faces that made it hard to determine which kid I was looking at.
She was 9 months old when we found out she was not going to be the baby anymore. Around the same time she was labeled Failure To Thrive (FTT). We did some diet changes (not really just wrote down what she was eating) and she gained the weight and for now has lost the label. She is a very active little girl. She is attached to her big brother, whatever he does she wants to do. If he plays cars so does she, if he plays with dolls so does she. One of the sweetest sights to see is to watch them hug each other. They also fight like brother and sister. Most of the time people assume that Bubba and Lizard are twins. They are 15 months apart, and look a lot alike, but they are not twins.
She is growing into her personality everyday, she does want to be like mommy as I watch her swaddle her babies like mommy swaddles Mouse. She has asked mommy to feed her babies (and once even pushed Mouse off so that her baby could eat.) She loves giving kisses and just started handing out the best hugs. She most definitely has the red head personality and some anger issues, nothing I have not seen with Bubba. Lizard throws the best fits, she has learned that tile hurts and will find carpet to throw herself on, she knows the sidewalk hurts and will go to the grass. These are things that make me laugh because 30 seconds later she can be giggling and playing with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived