A little about me

So thought I would introduce me and where I come from.

Me, Bubba, and Mouse

I am a military brat at heart. I was born in Lakenheath, England. My father was active duty Air Force. We lived in California, Germany, and he retired in Colorado Springs, CO. That is where I spent a good portion of my life. It will always be home at heart. I am an Air Force Academy fan, GO FALCONS!! I graduated from the only Catholic High School in that town and forever and always will be a Pirate.

I went to college and got my BA in Psychology from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. I worked with troubled kids in a residential treatment facility once I graduated. Those children taught me so much. I never thought I could get attached but even now I wonder about a few of the ones who really touched my heart. Due to financial reasons they closed down and I found myself a paraprofessional in a school. There I learned that substitute teaching is really more my speed.

About the time I lost the job at the RTC I met my husband. He met me when nothing seemed to be going right in my life. No matter what he stuck by me. It was some what whirl wind romance. We met and married in 5 months. Honestly I met my soul mate. We have been through quite a bit together. He was active duty Army when we met. We got pregnant a few months after we were married with Pumpkin. She was his spitting image. We then spent almost two years apart thanks to the Army. He did school with the Army and a 15 month tour in Iraq. Once he was home we ended up with baby number 2, Bubba. He is even more the spitting image of his father. Thanks to many stress issues in the Army, we decided to have him get out and he got a job with Michelin. We moved to North Carolina, we then had Lizard and Mouse. Shortly after Mouse came along we moved to Kentucky. I have no job other than being a mom to my 4 amazing children and keeping up with the house. We have cloth diapered the children since Bubba came along. I have always worn my children as that is often the best way to get in and out of a store.

In the next year it is in my plans to keep a pretty good fly lady routine, train for and run a 5K. I will help change the eating habits of the entire house to live a healthy lifestyle. This is how I will be fitting in the love within the family. We have bought a house and my wonderful husband will be making most of the furniture for it. I hope to share with you the projects he will be working on as that is him sharing his love with the family.
I have found I am a semi-crunchy momma who has a love for special needs children (see RTC job). I have also found that my children are my world, most of what I do these days is for them. I belong to a local mom board via The Mommies Network as I have found in my last location and here it is a good way to get to know moms in the area and find neat things to do. I hope that tells you a little about me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pictures

Christmas Crack?

I Survived